Fri Jan 04 2002 11:55:
Yesterday I went to Dr. Warren, the oral surgeon, for my appointment appointment. I watched a video on the horrible things that might happen as a side effect of wisdom tooth removal (fortunately none of them seem appropriate since my wisdom teeth do not border on the various nerves that could be damaged). I filled out consent forms and made my actual surgery appointment for February 1.
- Dr. Warren had a decidedly Bill Nye aspect to him, and referred to me as "pal", "pardner", and "kiddo".
- Speaking from experience, Dr. Warren imparted this bit of medical wisdom: "Never operate on your mother-in-law."
- I got a Valium to take an hour before my operation as a sort of warmup to the actual anaesthetic.
- One of my wisdom teeth will be more difficult to remove than the other, so I'm being charged $25 more for it.
- The room in which I sat and watched the video has a nice view overlooking a tree with birds in it, and the street, which is in a non-aggravating part of San Francisco.
|Unless otherwise noted, all content licensed by Leonard Richardson|
under a Creative Commons License.