Mon Sep 01 2003 12:56 PST Pictures from EuroPython:
Here they stand, 83 in number, your EuroPython/Belgium/Amsterdam pictures! My favorites:
- A good picture of
PrustiTaina and Jarno, and Jarno plotting something in Amsterdam.
- My hotel room was about twice the size of my cubicle at work. At first I thought this was way too small, but over time I began to sympathize with my Belgian captors.
- My attempt at duplicating from memory the picture of Rachel by the Manikin Pis. Prusti took a picture of me attempting to duplicate Rachel's other picture from Brussels, the "scarfing down a waffle" picture", but I don't have it yet.
- For Danny, some surreptitiously-taken NTK T-shirt sightings: 1 2
- My attempt at nature photography: a spiderweb on a footbridge in Amsterdam.
- Signs: a dinosaur, the world's most confusing road sign, a woman who should just put the fish down, a great store name, and a liquid tot. (I hate to spoil this by telling you, but that last sign actually says "Liquidation Totale" and part of it is covered up by the graffitti-ridden corrogated metal anti-theft device.)
- Remember that one-inch square of text in Time magazine about the Dutch-designed urinal that had a fly painted on it to encourage good aim? Well, the urinals in the conference center in Charleroi had that fly.
- At around 2 AM on Belgian TV, they broadcast Missile Command-esque typing games. Why don't they just play the national anthem and call it a night?
|Unless otherwise noted, all content licensed by Leonard Richardson|
under a Creative Commons License.