< Granola
This is pretty funny >

[Comments] (6) Speaking of Granola: My AAA membership expired and they sent me this really obnoxious membership renewal package, so I got pissed off at them and joined the vaguely-named Better World Club instead. They wear their politics on their sleeve instead of being sneaky about it like AAA does.

So far it's working fine. The only things AAA has over BWC as far as I can tell are: with AAA you can be a map hog and get a billion maps and they have to suck it up; BWC limits you to ten per year. And because my AAA membership was grandfathered in from my mother, or mothered in, I guess, the membership card said I'd been a member for longer than I've actually been alive. But that comedy gold mine went bust when my membership lapsed, and I already have more maps than I know what to do with, so I recommend switching unless BWC's hippy attitude aggravates you as much as AAA's fake-personal direct mail and mandatory upsell magazine aggravates me.

Comments:

Posted by Nick Moffitt at Mon Jan 31 2005 22:21

AAA is the single largest anti-transit organization on Earth, in case you were at all curious about the agenda they don't wear on their sleeve.

Comedy punchline: my mother works for AAA, the bastards.

Posted by Susie at Tue Feb 01 2005 10:18

We just renewed our AAA membership. They sent us a bill, and then new cards. No Propaganda. Or maybe I'm so used to looking at propaganda that it all goes straight into my recycling basket and I don't even think about it.

Posted by Alyson at Tue Feb 01 2005 10:47

Yay for recycling junk mail!

Posted by John at Tue Feb 01 2005 14:53

It took AAA over one year to finally start putting my name on the insurance cards with Susie's name.

But their insurance rates are so much cheaper than State Farm that I won't complain.

Posted by Kristen at Tue Feb 01 2005 16:58

I didn't know they were an insurance company.

Posted by Susie at Fri Feb 04 2005 11:07

If you are a member, you can get really good deals on insurance. If you are a member, a good student, married, and a good driver.

[Main]