Filk >

[Comments] (8) Beginning Python: More thrilling (for me) than the wait for Half-Blood Prince: my book comes out on Friday. In celebration I'm experimenting with shameless marketing on my home page, similar to how Ted Leung advertises his book, but with the lousy page design you've come to know and know from crummy.com. I really, really hope that that cover is not the actual cover they went and printed, because my picture on that cover makes me look like the biggest freak in the world. Worse than my passport photo. I sent them another picture, but who knows what goes on in these publishing companies. Anyway, buy the book, if only to embarrass me.

Comments:

Posted by John at Wed Jul 20 2005 09:30

That's so cool. I knew Rachel was writing a novel, not you. What a family of artists you all are.

Posted by Susie at Wed Jul 20 2005 13:46

You look better than the other guys.

Posted by Jarno Virtanen at Wed Jul 20 2005 14:13

OK, sure, I'll buy the book, but is it OK with you if I rip off the cover then? ;-)

Seriously, you just don't look like a guy-on-a-Wrox-IT-book, but the other guys do.

Posted by Leonard at Wed Jul 20 2005 14:26

I guess I'll take that as a compliment.

Like I said, I think the cover might change, but I'm glad that so far the depicted authors of the book have formed a unified front against having pictures where their hands are touching their faces. That's on too many Wrox books and I think it's kind of creepy.

Posted by Susie at Wed Jul 20 2005 17:24

You mean like Glamour Shots? *shudder*

Posted by Leonard at Wed Jul 20 2005 17:37

The publisher wanted us to go to professional photographers to get our pictures taken. Then it turned out they didn't have enough money budgeted to pay us for this, so they just had us take pictures with digital cameras. I think the hand-on-face pictures are due to pressure from the pro photographers.

Posted by Tony Steidler-Dennison at Mon Jul 25 2005 15:19

Congratulations, my friend. I'm glad to see that this is working out for you. I hope to see more from you.

Posted by Leonard at Mon Jul 25 2005 15:42