(1) Tue Jul 21 2009 21:54:
While I polish off those fictional Twitter posts, my sister Susanna weighs in on the Nostalgiaudit:
- I remember [Sammy's] mom collected roosters or chickens or something in her kitchen. I remember playing Jeopardy! on the computer too, but on the computer in the country. I don't remember anything about the computer at the house in Arvin, I guess it was up in the loft. [It was.]
- I remember playing Maniac Mansion. Man, what a weird game.
- I remember reading your Nintendo Power. One of our nephews has a subscription, believe it or not. Maybe it's my non-rosey glasses, but it is SO propaganda-y
- You forgot to mention the Care Bears rental movies Rachel and I always picked out.
- Mom probably got rid of your games and system when we moved to Bakersfield. I think a lot of stuff was left behind or sold.
- Here are the games I remember playing: Chip N Dale (a lot), Dr. Mario, Zelda (are you sure you didn't have this? I remember a lot about it), Maniac Mansion, MegaMan, Super Mario Bros (and 2 and 3, but not at our house. I love Super Mario 3), Roger Rabbit. And Duck Hunt of course.
- If you're interested in non video game memories from this time period, I remember you wouldn't let me climb onto the shack in the garden because I was too small. We'd collect weird, metal, tetanous-y things from around the yard and keep them up there.
Thanks for saving me from having to write a NYCB post today, Susanna!
I remember zelda too. and duck hunt.
|Unless otherwise noted, all content licensed by Leonard Richardson|
under a Creative Commons License.