(1) Mon Dec 28 2009 17:14 Nostalgiathon 2009: Best of Links July-December:
Voyage: Escape From Cute, a fun Shiren the Wanderer
homebrew clone for the DS.
- Remember fresh berries? A tip to keep them fresh.
tiny Starfleet strike force. Not the Defiant as seen in "One Little Ship".
- The Game Crafter does
print-on-demand for board games. Has anyone I know used this?
- A labor of love: charts of all the Nintendo Power game popularity data 1988-1994. Really needs to be put into a spreadsheet.
- For an excessive sum, you too can own a Shinya Arino-style Famicom controller business card case.
- A recreation of one of those crazy Futurist dinners I've been telling you about for years. (Not constantly, obviously.)
- 100 Days in Glacier National Park.
- The Twitter account "douchesFollowMe".
- Perhaps H.P. Lovecraft's least chilling work, "A Reminiscence of Dr. Samuel Johnson".
- The Crummy.com Symbol of the Year.
- Could the TV
Tropes Story Generator make it possible for TV Tropes to
help a writer get work done? No! Don't fall for it!
- We all know what Werner von Braun thinks of the disposition of
rockets once they go up. But before they go up, he's
- In 1997 I read a science fiction story by Rob Malda of Slashdot fame, about a Tamagotchi-like Perl script. I thought it was a really good story, and it was also notable for being good SF despite not having any fantastic element--it was technically possible, even in 1997. I can't find the story itself, but I did find this 1999 summary of the story, so I know I'm not making it up. Does anyone remember this? Anyone have a copy? Update: Michael Yount found it by the clever trick of going to Rob Malda's homepage.
- If it's the end of the year, it's time to dust off this excessive, cheesy New Years strata. The recipe for it, I mean. (Substitute fried mushrooms for prosciutto to make it vegetarian.)
"Nerds, Unix, and Virtual Parenting" is probably the story you're thinking of.
|Unless otherwise noted, all content licensed by Leonard Richardson|
under a Creative Commons License.