< Unpack the Water
Next >

[Comments] (7) The Lottery: Where to begin. Too hard to start where I ended. I am too far behind to do that. I've always felt pretty busy, but nothing compares to the busyness of life now. And I thought things would slow down with Atticus in half-day kindergarten and Samuel in preschool eight hours a week. Not so. In fact, things seem to become more rapid by the day.

I spent my afternoon running around preparing transcripts and some other paper work for Dave's job applications. As I am compiling all the different things each school requires for application, I feel like we are playing the lottery. Tomorrow I FedEx packets for the first set of schools due the first of October. Altogether, we are applying to about 25 schools. All of our applications should be out by mid November. I'm not sure how much I should say about our application process because of the very public nature of blogs. I will say that we have some exciting picks on our list. We're hoping for a million dollar win!

Comments:

Posted by Kristen at Wed Sep 27 2006 06:50

I remember the application process for dental school. We applied to about 15 schools and I thought that was a lot. With all the application fees and such it was like $2000. I can't wait to see where you guys choose. I doubt Dave will have much trouble getting hired.

Posted by Renee G. at Wed Sep 27 2006 17:18

Wow! How exciting! I was thinking you guys should be almost done! When do you expect to finish and when do you expect to be starting a real job in the real world??? I guess I need to call/email you to get the real digs! Congrats though, and good luck! I know what you mean about busier with the kids in school... ughhh!

Posted by Sabine at Thu Sep 28 2006 20:04

Good things come to good people :o)

Posted by Joe Walch at Fri Sep 29 2006 08:31

NYU here you come baby!!!
I suppose your children may get free tuition whereever you go so it just might be a "million dollar" job opportunity. (25,000/year for Harvard x four-five children).
Here's to saving for tuition! (plus you can still use those government investment programs to save money for college and use that to pay for a small condo/house).

Congratulations on slogging through.

Posted by Joe Walch at Fri Sep 29 2006 08:36

PUBLIC DISCLAIMER: I don't know anything about Dave's application so NYU was just a university I threw out there.

Posted by Rachel at Fri Sep 29 2006 22:07

Good luck!

Posted by Anne Marie at Sun Oct 01 2006 20:17

Wow, girlfriend! It sounds so crazy right now. And sounds like it might get only worse before it gets better. I'm hoping the best for your family.

© 2003-2010 Alyson .