Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do:
Just copy this entire blog entry and paste it into a new post on your blog. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Here we go...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely wrapping paper for Christmas, but I am so terrible at wrapping.
2. Real tree or artificial? Fake. I say this to be “green”, haha, but really I would like to in the future though have a fake one that is nice and coordinating, and a real one that has all the mismatched, homemade ornaments, like what we had when I was little.
3. When do you put up the tree? I would like to the day after Thanksgiving, but this year it was Dec 1st. I just worked out that way.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually Jan 2nd ish give or take a couple days.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really. I mean it is ok, but I don’t think it is worth the calories. I’ll just have extra cheese fondue please.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember that one year my dad took a couple of the kids shopping together and he got a cd player saying it was for my brother. When we got home we all told David he was getting the best present. To my surprise Christmas morning it was for me and my dad was just trying to surprise me. My first cd was Counting Crows. Ah, the memories.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, my brother got one for me while he was on a mission in Nicaragua. I really would like a nice one when I get a bigger house to fit one.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad and father-in-law. They have everything and if they want it, they just go and buy it.
9. Easiest person to buy for? The kids no problem.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can’t think of a bad Christmas one, but the worst gift I received was my graduation present. I got luggage and a nail polish set. At the time I didn’t appreciate it at all.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? You have to mail them. It just isn’t fun the get them in email as much.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It’s a Wonderful Life—watching it was a Christmas tradition every year. When we were little we would watch Frosty the Snowman all the time too.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I have been known to start in Aug. I like to get it done early.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope, definitely returned some, but never regifted.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? All the treats that people bring to your house. But please don’t bring me any, I will eat it all!! And my mom’s petal bread.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I used to be all white, but I like them both now. White icicles on the house though…
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night, is there anyone who doesn’t love this song? You have to listen to anything with Frankie and the boys Christmas music though.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Last year was the first time I didn’t have to travel since I got married because I moved to my home town, and it was awesome!! Travel expenses is pretty much our Christmas present.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yeah if I sit and think about it.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We don’t have a tree toper. I bought one last year I think but I didn’t like it. I think it was an angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We were never allowed to open anything early growing up, but Aaron’s family always gets to open their new pj’s Christmas Eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Definitely the crowds.
23. What I love most about Christmas? The family time and the spirit of the holiday season.
WISHING YOU ALL A WONDERFUL & JOYOUS CHRISTMAS!!!!
Hope to read your "lists" soon!!!