Sunny 9 for 2009 April 21 (entry 0)

< A boy and his B
Sunshine on my sholders makes me happy >

[Comments] (6) It's official: Aaron is heading home from his last day of clinic. He is now Dr. Aaron Smith. I am a Dr.'s wife. teehee He still has the WREB to pass so he can officially practice on patients, but right now he has his DDS earned with blood, sweat, and tears. His patients blood, Aaron's sweat, and my tears.

Aaron's group leader, Dr. Hill, told Aaron that he has the best hand skills in the whole group. He said even though he is not totally on the ball, organization-wise, he said those people don't necessarily make the best dentists. You don't have to tell me that he has great hand skills, heh heh. (I'll wait for you to come back from the bathroom vomiting.) But it was very gratifying and sweet to hear that, especially after feeling like Aaron cannot plan his way out of a paper bag sometimes. (Don't think I am mean, he'll tell ya.) I've always known Aaron is talented, and I believed in him even though we were scared spitless at BYU wondering if we were ever going to make it here. He hates school!! For his professor to endorse him as one of the best dentists in his year, I find that a big payload. Here's to Dr. Smith!! You rock, babe!

Comments:

Posted by Melissa J at Tue Apr 21 2009 15:17

I'm sooooooo jealous! I'm soooooo jealous! Congrats to reaching the end and heading off on a new beginning!! We'll miss you guys so much!!

Posted by rachel at Tue Apr 21 2009 15:48

congrats! keep the dream alive!

Posted by melissa w at Tue Apr 21 2009 15:59

dear kristen.
that is totally crazy that he is an official doctor. it sounds just as crazy that MY aaron will be at the same place next year (assuming we pass THIS year).

my favorite part: "his patients blood, aaron's sweat, and my tears." least favorite part: "you don't have to tell me that he has great hand skills..." gag. i really did throw up. And, then I threw up AGAIN just re-writing that part.

sick.

I need to go shower or something. :)

jk.

congratulations. it is definitely a TEAM effort, so congrats to you too.

Posted by Julie at Tue Apr 21 2009 16:29

I am so happy for Aaron and your little family! I must admit I am a little jealous that my husband did not just finish his last day of school... I still have a looonnnggg road ahead of me.

Posted by anonymous at Tue Apr 21 2009 17:32

woo hoo! I know the feeling of relief...congrats! Good luck to him on WREB! That's the REALLY fun part! =)

Posted by Jenni at Tue Apr 21 2009 17:32

whoops---that last one was me! =)

© 2003-2009 Kristen Smith.