(4) Wed Feb 01 2006 16:01 PST As the page turns...:
I've been getting the urge lately to write a soap opera set in a bookstore. Can you guess why?
I can just see it now... A scene of passionate embraces in the crammed breakroom is interupted by another employee letting a 5-year-old into the restroom.
There are three major problems, though, that I can think of in regards to this endevour.
1. I don't have any spare time
2. The drama that happens is much to specific and personal, so as to be easily recongnizable thus offending people
3. The above leading to potential termination
Still though... think of the possibilities!
(4) Thu Feb 02 2006 10:08 PST I think he gives me too much credit:
(About Imperial Leather)
Me: It's like... You can't self yourself and other someone else. It's more complicated than that.
PH: That was very well explained. (And I don't think he was joking!)
(1) Tue Feb 07 2006 19:17 PST Crazy like this (newly addicted to The Bangles):
The song I listened to 20 times at work yesterday came on when I was having dinner with Rob. It's a sign, I'm sure. But of what... remains to be seen.
Fri Feb 10 2006 16:45 PST Food posioning:
It occurs to me that my aversion to mexican food may also be partly psychological: the only two times I've had it since The Incident have been after grandparent's funerals.
(5) Sun Feb 12 2006 12:09 PST TV & I are breaking up:
In wake of AD's sad demise, I'd thought I'd found a replacement in "Love Monkey." No such luck. I found out last night that it's"on hiatus and there's no scheduled return date." It's too much heartbreak in one weekend for a girl to bear.
(1) Sun Feb 12 2006 18:50 PST Thinking late thoughts:
I've forgotten what it's like to write a paper. And how the melancholy mood always strikes at the perfect moment to encourage unproductivity.
(1) Mon Feb 13 2006 08:17 PST Words that start to look funny if you look at them long enough #7:
(4) Thu Feb 16 2006 17:36 PST A bit of light reading:
I have been reading big fat textbooks for so long that, now that I am reading The Burning of Bridget Cleary (a trade-sized paperback), it feels wrong in my hand.
Fri Feb 24 2006 14:05 PST 3 weeks till spring break:
I tried hard to resist going back to my school-time blog posting habit of "ack, paper" and "omgihavesomuchtodo" etc but I seems I don't have time for anything else.
(5) Sun Feb 26 2006 16:55 PST ...and other thoughts:
Why does they saying go "things don't always work out the way you plan them to?" [emphasis added] Nothing works out the way you plan it to.
(1) Mon Feb 27 2006 23:39 PST Ode:
Yeah, I wish I could be like Stacy, and immerse my problems in work. And in a lot of other ways too. Stacy is great. Happy Birthday, Stacy (half an hour early).
(7) Tue Feb 28 2006 20:15 PST Is this weird?:
I kinda wish I'd been alive 100 years ago so I coulda been a suffragette.
© 2002-2010 Rachel Richardson.