(3) Mon Apr 02 2007 12:02 PST NYC highlights:
(in no particular order, after the first one):
Food Highlights: (pretty much every meal was memorable. I wished there was a way to eat without getting full.or fat!.because there were so many delicious things to try)
- Seeing Leonard for the first time in almost a year
- Watching USC get beat, haha, in a sports bar in the Upper East Side
- Being in a real city for the first time in ages
- The view of Central Park from the "Top of the Rock"
- Finding that book on Serbian history at The Strand
- The view of lower Manhattan from the Staten Island ferry, looking so
- pretty and perfect from a distance that they could have been in Disneyland
- Hearing French spoken at least once a day, and other languages, and different accents in general, making me feel like I was back in Europe
- Seeing crocodiles at the Met and the Cloisters
- Reading my Lonely Planet guidebook pretty much cover to cover on subway rides
- Walking the Brooklyn bridge in the rain
- Watching hour after hour of "Reginald Perrin"
- Practicing my Cyrillic in Little Odessa.
- Walking, walking, walking
- Having a delicious bagel with lox cream cheese spread
- Shawfel, a combination so perfect I can't believe I've never had it before
- The best sushi I've had in a long time in the East Village
- Freezing at the Shake Shake
- Pizza at Leonard and Sumana's Battlestar Galatica "party"
- Trying cheese at the Greenmarket in Union Square
- A very memorable - and delicious - and slightly irreverent early Seder
- Chatting with Leonard's clever and interesting friends over a gourmet dinner at 8 1/2
Battlestar Galatia? I can't believe we're friends.
Whatever. I think I spelled it right first but then I listened to spell check
You went to Top of the Rock? Good for you, that was one of my favorite things we did in NY.