Next >

[Comments] (8) : I have applied for approximately eleven jobs so far, one of which was as a Rec Therapist at a place similar to Heritage. Most of them are office positions, for which, according to the two office skills tests I took today, I am most qualified. I had to take the BYU one for the BYU jobs and the DWS one for the government jos (dept. of substance abuse etc), and if I don't have a job by Wednesday I will have to take the Kelly Services one. My ten-key scores keep going down; am I really that bad?

I made yummy-smelling BBQ chicken, rice and carrots for dinner. I am using a new kind of rice, "Calrose", because it was the least expensive. I usually buy just the long-grain white rice. This kind looks really fluffy.

Filed under:

Comments:

Posted by John at Mon Apr 26 2004 20:05

I liked the rice! It was similar to Chinese rice (sticky and Asian-like). It was like tasting Hong Kong all over again!

Posted by Rachel at Mon Apr 26 2004 23:29

loves my sissy!

you guys are never on IM anymore!

Posted by Susie at Tue Apr 27 2004 09:02

Oh yeah.... The computer died and we never reinstalled it. Didn't even miss it!

Posted by Kristen at Wed Apr 28 2004 11:17

I worked for Kelly Services in Alaska while Aaron and I lived there for a few months. It paid decent like $9-11/hr and we didn't have to do hardly anything...receptionist jobs. I got all my thank you letters written for the wedding gifts at one job and read LotR first and seconds books at another not to mention talked on the phone to Aaron for at least 2+ hours a day at one job. Then when we moved here I got a Kelly job. It was telemarketing and only paid like $7/hr. If I wanted to do that I could find that job easy and get paid more than $7/hr. I don't have good things to say about Kelly here in Provo, but maybe you are able to work better jobs than me with a degree.

Posted by Kristen at Wed Apr 28 2004 11:17

Posted by Rachel at Wed Apr 28 2004 15:17

hey Kristen looks like your "mac laptop" is acting up! :P

Posted by Susie at Wed Apr 28 2004 17:48

Today I worked for $7 an hour confirming seminar reservations. It was money at least.

Posted by Kristen at Thu Apr 29 2004 12:31

I know, I am being punished for saying that...first this comment came out twice, and then my post today came out twice. Weird.

© 1999-2011 Susanna Chadwick.