< I am becoming boring
Next >

[Comments] (6) Unboring: ok, ok, fine.

Today our insurance brokers came and took us to lunch. I insisted we get mexican, because I had to slave in the cafeteria over fajita toppings all morning and then didn't get any. It was yummy and I learned about some state propositions affecting insurance plans.

I have spent most of my freetime at work (I think most of my time is pretty discretionary) doing ancient filing. Today I did old encapsulation tests and exit interviews, which were filed together instead of in individual personnel files. As boring as it sounds (or should I not use the word anymore?) I enjoy filing. I especially enjoy finding mistakes and fixing stuff (files in the wrong year, wrong order etc). It makes me feel organized.

Enrichment is tonight and we are doing yoga.

Comments:

Posted by Kristen at Wed Feb 23 2005 19:28

You would be crazy to like one of my temp jobs that was filing. It was for a phone company in Alaska. Imagine having to file single pages in a stack about 2 feet high. I am not kidding. Plus having to file them into folders that were all the phone numbers pretty much in Alaska. Ok, it felt like it. I seriously had to go through thousands of files and that was all I did for 45 hours a week. By the 3rd week I was so done I seriously hated my life.

Posted by Alyson at Thu Feb 24 2005 18:45

I enjoy Yoga so much more with a live teacher than with a TV screen. Hopefully you had a teacher for your class.

Posted by Susie at Thu Feb 24 2005 20:55

We had a teacher. She sent me home with a little routine on a paper. I tried it tonight with some music going. It was nice.

Posted by Sumana at Fri Feb 25 2005 12:10

Soon all the people I know will be doing yoga and I'll just have to pretend I know all the asanas by dint of Indianness. I even get Yoga Journal because I signed up for it through Salon Premium. It's a very pro-yoga publication.

Posted by Susi at Fri Feb 25 2005 16:22

Who'd have thunk.

Posted by Rachel at Fri Feb 25 2005 17:12

I've never really done Yoga, but I love Pilates. They are starting a Yoga class at the gym but it's on Fridays and I am almost always in LA on Fridays. Maybe one week I will go down early (and miss my Pilates on Wednesday) so I can go to Yoga.

© 1999-2011 Susanna Chadwick.