(4) Sun Apr 24 2005 21:18 PST One Moment in Time:
It was a very eventful weekend. I enjoy vacations, even if I didn't go anywhere. But it always leaves me wondering how time can go by so fast on such weekends as these and yet so slow during an 8-5 work shift, or during a certain classes at my now alma mater. Highlights of the weekend are as follows:
- Graudating with my undergrad and, to my surprise, Magna Cum Laude
- Graduating with my graduate degree and, to my even greater surprise, with Distinction
- Not losing my cap during the processional (a fear of mine)
- Introducing Sumana to cheese fries and the ultimate dipping sauce (a Utah original)
- Cohabitating with four other people in my tiny apartment
- Getting to wear a robe with a hood and "bat wings" as mom called them; it felt like I was graduating from Hogwarts!
- Helping Sumana buy boots for $3.50 at Deseret Industries; the experience was completely void of buyer's remorse
- Celebrating mom's 29th birthday!
- Eating at Macaroni Grill with every member of my wife's family; I think the restaurant will never be the same.
- Reading used children's books in Sam Weller's in SLC. As an aside, I am still sorry for the misunderstanding. I honestly could have stayed there another hour, taking a stroll down memory lane with my used Rhoad Dahl book.
- Introducing Sumana to TRAX
- Eating at Thai-Foon. I still can't decide what I liked best between the Mango Chicken, Evil Tofu Princess, and Wasabi potatos.
- Squishing too many girls into the backseat of my car.
- Getting caught in the rain
- Distracting Leonard and Sumana from working on vacation
- Playing the dot game with Ember
- Finding the Provo train station (and I've lived here how long now?)
- Bridal Veil Falls, sorta
- Deciding which kind of pet Sumana is most suited to adopt (ferel cats!)
- Studying comma etiquette
- Bargaining with the devil (meat for liquor)
- Learning mom doesn't REALLY have a degree
All in all, it was a weekend of making the impossible possible.
You forgot to mention the babies at graduation :)
We missed you Rach! I am not suprised you graduated Magna Cum Laude! Congrats! Was the meat for liquor thing our conversation at MG?
I remember a meat-for-liquor conversation at Thaifoon in SLC, where I proposed that John try liquor in exchange for my trying meat. He pointed out, and I agreed, that I'd have the worse end of the bargain.
I was referring to the conversation with Sumana, but Kristen and I did have a conversation on cooking meat in liquor for flavor. It doesn't all cook out.