< Very Special Episode
Next >

Question: I thought the term for a modifying filter (a filter which may remove data from a stream, like a regular filter, but may also pass data through in modified form) was "milter", but it looks like that is only used for a modifying filter whose job it is to modify or block email messages. What's the generic term for a modifying filter as opposed to a straining one? I need this for NewsBruiser.

Filed under: ,


Unless otherwise noted, all content licensed by Leonard Richardson
under a Creative Commons License.