(4) Sun Feb 05 2006 23:40 Home Improvement Questions:
For my mother to answer.
- I know you're not supposed to ever ever cut paper with the sewing scissors. But can you cut cloth with scissors designed for cutting paper, or kitchen shears? I don't want to have to buy sewing scissors just to make the curtains.
- What are the names of the parts of the hardware that I need to hang pots from the ceiling? O-hooks and S-hooks?
Sun Feb 05 2006 23:53:
More items from my attempted RSS feed cleanup, still in progress. Enjoy this seemingly endless chain of NYCB entries full of lists.
- The creation of different types of Lego minifig heads has angered the Elder Gods, and Cthulu Attack Lego is the result. I like the fake Lego catalog storyline the creator added.
- For a long time I've wondered how to see the worst-selling items on Amazon. I don't know why I never tried simply hacking the URL. I saw a cool-sounding book somewhere in the depths of low sales: "Broadcasting From Space".
- At last, the ultimate mola mola portal. Did you know that the Spanish name for the mola is "pez luna"? Moonfish! That always slays 'em down at the comparative linguistic zoology lab. Unfortunately, the field is so small that, having slain the lab inhabitants, there's no one left who thinks it's funny.
- Fractal Images of Formal Systems has a fractal representation of tic-tac-toe which you can play.
|Unless otherwise noted, all content licensed by Leonard Richardson|
under a Creative Commons License.