(2) Sat Dec 12 2009 11:41 Request Weblog Music Reviews II:
I strike again! Keep the suggestions coming. Can I have some harder rock, please?
- Neko Case, "Middle Cyclone". Recommended by Brendan. Gentle rock with female vocalist. Mean song score: 3.3999... stars though a couple days later nothing has really stuck in my memory.
- Tally Hall, "Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum". Recommended by Sumana, recommended in turn by last.fm. Sumana went and found their excellent fourth-wall-ignoring music video for "Good Day". Different styles with a core of rock and close harmony. Very good stuff. Mean song score: 3.5 stars.
- Jukebox The Ghost, "Let Live And Let Ghosts". Recommended by Ben Heaton. Strangely enough, the first song on this album is also called "Good Day". Fun piano pop, but it's no Ben Folds. Mean song score: 3.0 stars.
- Camera Obscura, "Let's Get Out Of This Country". As long as I'm reviewing albums. Rachel gave this to Sumana last Christmas. Slow wavery ting-ting-ting-y pop. Not as good as I remember. Mean song score: 2.58333... stars. Maybe Sumana likes it better.
I don't really listen to much that could be described as hard rock, but I saw this list and thought you might find something of interest on it. I haven't heard or even heard of any of these bands, but I like the webcomic drawn by the guy who made the list:http://www.questionablecontent.net/top102009.php
|Unless otherwise noted, all content licensed by Leonard Richardson|
under a Creative Commons License.