Sunny 9 for 2006 March 17 (entry 0)

< Refresher
Lily's 18 month appt >

[Comments] (9) My better half: Aaron and I have been doing things lately that really make me appreciate having a husband. It seriously is so awesome to not have to dig 5 holes in our rock hard ground to plant trees. That task would seriously give me blisters. And when we were doing finishing touches on the crown molding, Aaron got the least desirable task because he was taller than me and could reach better. Not to mention mowing the lawn...hey, I would if I could pull the string thingy hard enough to actually start the lawnmower. And the best part is I never have to assemble or install anything because Aaron is so good at reading instructions and getting it done. I love it. Things just magically happen and appear. It is like whaala. I leave the house and come home and it is done. Or done in 7 hours in some cases (when Aaron cut a hole in the garage ceiling and installed an attic ladder). Even if it takes a long time in some instances, it is still very nice to have a handyman around.

Comments:

Posted by Joe Walch at Fri Mar 17 2006 09:20

Hope Mom reads that.

Posted by Susie at Fri Mar 17 2006 14:26

Wow, an attic ladder? I'm impressed! John put together all of our self-assemble furniture, too. Husbands are the best!

Posted by John at Fri Mar 17 2006 14:47

Question: Do you have to mow your lawn year-round in TX? Cuz if so, we ain't moving there. That's too much to ask from a fella. Unless Aaron will mow our lawn for us, that is...

Posted by Kristen at Fri Mar 17 2006 15:16

Please come!!! Soon. No, you mow only in the Spring/Summer. Like we haven't mowed it yet this year. Since we have winter rye in right now, we are borderline and should this weekend, but Aaron will probably wait a week or two.

Posted by Susie at Fri Mar 17 2006 18:03

We can't really move until John has put in 3 years with the firm. But it's so expensive here!

Posted by Alyson at Fri Mar 17 2006 18:40

You've almost done a year, haven't you? Time will fly and your three years will be done in no time. I'm not sure you sould be too anxious to move to Houston, though, exept for the cheapness factor. . . It is really hot in Houston.

Posted by John at Sat Mar 18 2006 16:49

If you want good weather, the ONLY place to live is Southern California. But there's a catch there; you can't afford to survive. But Susie and I prefer the heat to the cold, if we have to choose one. And who knows where we will end up anyway.

But yes, this first 9 months has been super fast. Faster than it should have been, in fact.

Posted by betina at Sun Mar 19 2006 23:18

That is AWESOME! You should post pictures of your yard. It still snows here on and off, so landscaping will not be tackled for a few weeks still. We plan to build a fence as soon as it gets sa little warmer. You should send Aaron up to help, as he is such a great hole-digger :)

Posted by betina at Sun Mar 19 2006 23:18

© 2003-2009 Kristen Smith.