(5) Mon Oct 24 2005 11:25:
We had an excellent "vacation" with the Chadwicks in town. Thursday and Friday were spent at Disneyland and California Adventure, where we did just about everything and only lost two kids. Saturday we spent a few hours at the beach in less-than-ideal weather. It was a really great time. Here are some highlights:
- In line for Autopia, Ashley, Jodi and I all won the free toy car, like Rachel won in September. Somebody didn't shuffle very well.
- While we were waiting for the parade, Erin stood up to take a picture of me, John, Ember and Hannah. While she was standing up we all sang "Happy Birthday" to her, really loud and other people in the crowd joined in, just like on TV. It was great.
- I love being Aunt Susie. "Aunt Susie, can you help me with this?" (Tyler and his sandcastle.) "I want to sit by Aunt Susie!" (Justin was particularly clingy after he got lost, and not just to me.)
- At the beach, Logan, Ember and I made a pretty decent sandcastle. Of course, you can't have as many nephews as we do and not get your castle knocked over. Pretty soon Tyler and I were making mini-castles just for him to knock over. I think we will have some cute castle-building pictures.
- After the beach on Saturday we went to the pool at one of the clubhouses in Jamie's neighborhood. Fancy Schmancy pool, clubhouse and hottub. The boys had chicken fights in the pool while Erin and I put our feet in the hottub and tried not to get wet.
- Saturday night, someone got out MadGab, which is a funny game anyway, but soon became loud and hilarious. Even John joined in for a few rounds and was very good.
Mon Oct 24 2005 18:49 The Never-Ending Birthday, Part 4:
Nathan and Ashley, and Brook and Erin brought me birthday gifts. It's like the birthday that keeps on giving! Ashley picked out some cute Disney scrapbook paper, stamps and stickers. Ember picked out a teddy bear dressed as a witch. Her official name is Mrs. Gitzy Potter (As in Mrs. Harry Potter, Gitzy because it's printed on her paw and I can't get away from it, and also as in Mrs. Potts, the teapot.)
I've never noticed the effect of having a fall* birthday before, but aside from my costumed teddy bear, there is the dark orange spatula David picked out (I have already used it like, ten times) and the pumpkin bundt pan. Anyway, I'm spoiled.
*I don't actually have a fall birthday. It is right at the end of Summer.
(3) Mon Oct 24 2005 18:55 Rave about Vons and soup:
I shop at Vons. Not only is it closer, the people are nicer. I went to Albertsons and they were rude and wouldn't take my coupon. At Vons, several people always ask me if I'm finding everything alright, and they actually help me if I say no. The Vons I shop at recently remodeled and is having a grand reopening. I like that store so much I shopped there through the remodeling, even things were moved around a lot. One time 5 of the items I was looking for were missing prices!
Anyway, today continues the grand reopening and they were having free samples. I also got a book with $80 of coupons on Vons brand stuff and some coupons for some free items. I got a sample of their yummy Signature soup, all the free items, and used three of the other coupons. I have finally succeeded in "saving" over 50% using my Vonscard and coupons.
I was going to buy the soup anyway because I had a buy-one-get-one-free coupon and John had been eyeing it earlier. But after I tried the Tuscan Tomato Basil Bisque I had to get it. It was so delicious!!! I have finally found a soup that is comparable to the Soup Kitchen in Salt Lake. It's not the same, but equally yummy. I also bought a container of the Fajita Chicken Chowder. Shall post a review once I try it.