Traffic for 2005 January 4 (entry 0)

< Endings & Beginnings
Luck of the Gods >

[Comments] (6) The Winds of Change: On New Year's Day, I was blessed to see Napoleon Dynamite and actually enjoyed the movie. Though it was not a life-changing movie by any standards, and I often felt I was watching my older brother Nathan's life flash before my eyes, it was different enough to be both quasi-funny and refreshing! Who'd have thought?

Todays was the first day of the rest of my life. The last "first day" of school is over, and I am already exhausted just thinking of what my final semester holds for me. It won't be an easy one by any means, but I attribute most of the pain to the fact that my schedule is all over the place. I prefer blocks of classes, but when you get to the end you take what they offer when they offer it, and that is life. I'll make the best of it and try to learn something on the way.

My grandmother gave us a winter scene puzzle that is mostly all blue pieces, as it is a winter scene at night. It's hard; but I want it done and off my table already.

Last night we got a pleasant surprise: Lisa came to visit, fresh off her mission in Oakland, Ca. I can't believe that 18 months has already come and gone. That means that Susie and I have been married 18 months. Yay for us!

Today we managed to wrack up about $1,200 on our credit cards. I bought books, paid AAA renewals, paid car insurance, and we finally put a down deposit on our cruise, making it official. We are going to Mexico as a late honeymoon/grad school graduation present. It gives me something to look forward to. So anyone who has been to Mexico, send some pointers our way to avoid looking like the tourist gringos we are.

Comments:

Posted by Susie at Tue Jan 04 2005 20:06

Cruise! yay! You spoil me.

Posted by Kristen at Wed Jan 05 2005 15:50

Which cruise with which ship?

LaFawndah is my soulmate....

Posted by John at Wed Jan 05 2005 18:00

Carnival. I don't know the ship, but we'll find out soon! LaFawndah is your soulmate? How is that possible? Does that mean that Aaron is like Napoleon's brother she hooked up with?

Posted by Kristen at Wed Jan 05 2005 18:06

No. I just like saying it b/c the way he says it is hilarious. So now I like to quote it.

You'll have a blast on your cruise. I love them. Be sure to not be on a diet when you go. Not that I think you will or need to be, but pretty much eating occupies 60% of the activies on a cruise.

Posted by Joe Walch at Fri Jan 07 2005 09:14

I would say go to Cozumel and not Cancun. You will probably get more culture from Cozumel (there are more indian ruins and the beaches are just as beautiful without the scummy tourist gimics of Cancun). I also hear that the Yucatan is very beautiful.

Posted by Kristen at Fri Jan 07 2005 16:19

We went to Cozumel, and it is very tourist-y. Probably not "Spring Breakish" like Cancun, but it definitely isn't Mexico. It feels like a tropical tourist trap like most vacation spots. We did fun things though, and I have never seen beach water so clear. The ruins we saw were all replicas, and only one artifact was real. Which cruise are you doing?

© 2003-2011 John Chadwick.