Traffic for 2005 April 18 (entry 0)

< Come One, Come All!
Woo-Hoo! >

[Comments] (7) Techno Geek: I have officially entered the 21st century: I sold an item on half.com! It was a momentous occasion, including lowballing the price and highballing the competition. We'll see if I really get paid or not (I am still rather skeptical of the whole eBay scene myself). But an unneeded textbook on business law that cost as much as it did deserves to live out the remainder of its days in the likes of Detroit, MI. Yeah, right. It will probably see the world before the next edition comes out. Oh that I were a textbook.

It's wierd; I feel as though I should call the buyer and talk to her about the sale, ya know, give it a customer service angle. I am not used to the faceless sale yet. With that said, I don't think I would sell my personalty online.

Took my second to last test this morning, and got a 97! Only one more test covering the basics of liquidations, stock distributions and the oh-so-fun exceptions of 305(b) and 306, and voila, life moves on.

But "school" isn't over yet. I signed up for my first set of CPA review classes, which start in May. Because there are four parts to the exam, it will be at least a year before I can bid adieu to "school" and tests. Oh well, I guess that means I've got another year before I have to grow up, then.

We got a new bishop yesterday. I should have seen it coming, but I didn't. I'll probably never know the new one, as we are moving in July. That is, we are moving if we can ever find a friggin place to move in to. And I thought apartment hunting in Provo was difficult.

Sumana: Let me know your innermost hopes and desires for your Utah experience, so I can tailor it to your needs.

Comments:

Posted by Susie at Mon Apr 18 2005 15:14

I mailed your book! It weighed 5 lbs 14.25 ounces.

Posted by Kristen at Mon Apr 18 2005 16:48

You get paid. Promise. I am an Ebayer and have sold on half.com too.

Posted by Frances at Mon Apr 18 2005 18:10

I had a business law textbook left over from law school that was occupying too much space in my life. Couldn't get rid of it for anything. In the end, I took a razor blade and sliced out all the pages and put them in the recycling.

Posted by Susie at Tue Apr 19 2005 07:20

You could have given it to Goodwill. They have a bin in the bookstore where you can dump books they won't buy back to be sent to poor countries.

Posted by Sumana at Tue Apr 19 2005 07:28

I am compiling a list. Right now this list is two items long. 1: Hang out with family. 2: Try to meet Heather Armstrong of dooce.com. That second one probably won't happen.

Posted by Alyson at Wed Apr 20 2005 15:32

Lucky, Sumana! Your first trip to Pravow. I'm afraid I can't offer many suggestions.

Posted by Rachel at Wed Apr 20 2005 17:06

I always sell (or try) by old books on half.com. Some are worth more than others. I used to buy them there, too, and saved a ton, plus what better excuse to not study for the first week than you don't have the book yet! Recently I have expanded my selling adventures to ebay... we shall see how well it goes.

© 2003-2011 John Chadwick.