Software Calculated to Drive You Mad
We at Crummy want to help the developer community. Why? So that we
can gain their trust and then trick them into using our proprietary
Just kidding. The programs here are all licensed under either an
OSI-approved license or the generic 'look at the code and let me know
if you want to use it for something' license. Enjoy!
For many small but fun scripts, see Features.
- Beautiful Soup (2004-) - Parse
and process real-web HTML without the pain.
- olipy (2013-present): A Python library for artistic text generation.
- botfriend (2018-present): Makes it easy to create and run artistic bots on social media.
robotfindskitten (1997-1999) - The original Zen simulation.
- cce-python (2019) - Python tools for processing data from the Catalog of Copyright Entries.
- PyChess (2009) - I didn't write this, but I
fixed some bugs and the author asked me to make my fixes available by
forking the project.
(2007-2011) - Annotate Zope interfaces to produce hypermedia-based
web services. See also the client, lazr.restfulclient.
- wadllib (2007-2011)
- Python ruby parser for WADL files.
- wadl.rb (2007) - Cheap Ruby parser for WADL
files, and client for the web services they describe.
Want Options (2002-2004) - Reusable web-based configuration
framework. (paper) (slides)
- Scrape 'N' Feed (2005) -
Easily scrape web pages and turn them into RSS feeds.
Dammit (2004) - Callously turn smart quotes and ISO-Latin-1 into ASCII.
- Noodle (2002) - A
transparent HTTP proxy.
Fun and Games
Obsolete, Incomplete, and B-Sides